Paramount Antique Mall prides itself on its quality merchandise, knowledgeable staff and dedicated dealers. We want our customers to be fully satisfied with their shopping experience. Here are some tips to help your visit to Paramount be a rewarding one:
- Feel free to ask questions of our staff.
- If a dealer is on-site (many are during our special sales events), it’s okay to ask how long they have been in business.
- If you have doubts about a particular item, ask if it’s genuine.
- Note that our aisles are marked for your convenience.
- Remember that our inventory changes frequently so what may be available now may not be later.
- Layaway and gift certificates are available.
- We sell the Howard and Kramer lines of antique restoration products.
Some specific tips dealing with antiques:
- Antique furniture should never be "polished" or cleaned with commercial cleaning products or polishes. Instead, use a soft cloth sprayed with some glass cleaner.
- To remove stains from stoneware dishes, soak them for 24 hours or more in one gallon of hot water in which two denture cleaner tablets have been dissolved.
- Never use furniture oil such as lemon oil on antique furniture. Just wipe it with a damp cloth or use only clear paste wax (Minwax or beeswax) to keep the wood in good condition.
- To prevent mildew damage to old photographs and art work hung on damp or outside walls, tape or glue a sheet of plastic to the back to create a vapor barrier.